Track Placement thoughts....

Well, I thought I'd share my track design for the 3' module.  Here is what I'm thinking about.



Fairly straight forward...single track to double track or utilized as a siding. If you remember some of my older posts, I place a small strip of plywood in the middle of the module.   I think I'm going to move it down some more so I don't have to have such a crazy bend in the track.  This Atlas #10 LH should work perfectly!

Well, I just need to get a few more things adjusted, then I can mark the track bed and begin to carve a bit of the terrain out and make it look a bit more realistic.

That's it for now. Thanks!

Comments

  1. Where are you placing it in your house right now? Or is it a permanent fixture in the garage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just working on this in the Garage. It is totally modular, so it can go anywhere!

      Delete
  2. Will, there is a way to get around the funky kink in the track when transitioning from single to double track. Steve Beals came up with the idea to stagger or offset the faceplates. This would keep the mainline straight and the siding could be laid out smoothly and more prototypical. The faceplate would be centered in between to tracks. Our double track spacing tool has a mark for centering the tracks on the faceplate. Another option is to add a slight curve in the track leading up to the turnout creating a bit of an S curve but broken up by the turnout. You may like the way it flows better.

    JP of the Nland Pacific FreemoN club

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, funny that you mention Steve....I just purchased two of the double track spacers so I can make everything line up. Also, you are right about a slight curve leading into the switch....I'm going to try that since I have more room to maneuver.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts