Terrain

The beginning of carving out the terrain with the track in place.
Friday afternoon I worked carving out the terrain on the first module.  As you will see in the photos below, I've just started and I think it will end up looking good...especially since I still have drywall compound and paint to put down to really make it look like the earth.



I'm hoping to start working on the drywall compound and paint mixture in the next couple days.  I have seen this done by a few folks and have also done it myself on one of my older N-Trak Modules.  I like how you can mold it, plus, it isn't as heavy as Sculpta-mold.  Light modules are the key to success!  The lighter they are, the easier they are to setup and transport


I took this to see what you would see from eye level.












So, If you've been following some of my other posts, you'll see that I've change the track layout just a bit.  This variation should match what the N Land Pacific group in California...as well as others...are doing on their double track spacing.  I ordered a template to help keep my modules the same.  Single track modules are easy, but double track is a bit more complicated...being off 1/16th can make or brake your module. 




This last pic I took was putting the focus on the terrain.  I think that at eye level (50") this should turn out very nice.  This will morph as time goes on and I will try to remember to take these eye level pics frequently just to keep my eyes on what it will look like from operating level.

I'll have another update soon...I wanted to post this one yesterday, but you know how it goes!

Comments

Popular Posts