Roadbed and a Bridge...could be the Title of a Movie!

Today I went to Papa Ben's Train Place and purchased a box of N Scale Cork Roadbed.  I figured it would be better to just buy it in bulk because I'll end up using it will my modules that I'm going to be building.  Plus, it gives me an excuse to build bigger...well, maybe a plethora of better modules!



I also picked up a BLMA Modern Concrete Segmental Bridge.  I've glued it together and placed it in the module temporarily.  As you will see in the photos, I've made the wash-out a bit deeper than the concrete pilasters are long.  I'll take and build up the bottom a bit with the drywall compound, that way I can sink the bridge into it and give a better look.  Plus it will keep it in place better than just gluing it.

  


Well, hopefully tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon I can work on sculpting the terrain.  I am ready to get this module done so I can build the second one. This should allow me to have the two completed in time for the Greater Houston Train Show February 18th in Stafford, TX in the Stafford Center.  It is a great little train show from like 9am to 4pm I think....  I can never remember, but I do know that it is on Saturday, February the 18th.  Anyway, I wanted to have these finished so that way I can have them on display at the show.  I was in Papa Ben's today and had a conversation with Tom and Tom about Free-MoN.  I explained that I was building some modules.  Once I got rolling, 20 minutes later I think I had them just as excited as I was.  Many folks are tired of "orbiting" N-Trak modules and really enjoy operations.  So, I am hopeful that I can get some more folks to catch on and build a great group of Free-MoN modules in the Houston area.

Well, until the next time....

Comments

Popular Posts